This guide will teach you how to Remove MIUI ADS on Xiaomi Phones. They have been a major player in the smartphone market for several years now. The Chinese manufacturer is known for the very good quality/price ratio of its smartphones. However, one of the downsides of its lineup which many users keep complaining about is the ads integrated into its MIUI interface and its native applications.
Compromise comes at a price, and to monetize its smartphones without increasing the base price, Xiaomi has chosen to expose its users to unwanted ads in its interface and default applications. However, it is possible to disable these ads via numerous and tedious settings.
Here, the operations to Remove MIUI ADS have been performed on the Xiaomi Mi 10T Pro under MIUI 12, but this tutorial could easily be applied to other versions, with some differences in the respective menus.
How to remove MIUI ADS by disabling the MSA app
This should be your priority as this method can solve a lot of annoying advertising issues on MIUI. In fact, Xiaomi doesn’t want you to turn it off and tried to make the process a little frustrating, but with a little patience, you can kill the MSA (MIUI System Ads) app. First, you will need to make sure that your smartphone is running MIUI and is connected to a Wi-Fi or mobile network. You can’t do this offline, unfortunately. To Remove MIUI ADS do the following:
- Go to Settings, then Passwords & Security
- Under Authorization and Revocation, you will find MSA. Press the button to deactivate it.
- Now wait 10 seconds and then tap Revoke.
- You might get a message saying it can’t revoke permission. Keep trying until it allows you to.
This manipulation should remove most of the ads. But these are only “system” ads in the MIUI interface, other ads may remain in some of Xiaomi’s native applications and will therefore have to be disabled individually.
How to turn off personal ad recommendations
Now that you have revoked the authorization from MSA, you can begin to deactivate the individual “recommendations” that MIUI will send to you. To turn off personal advertising recommendations, which prevent Xioami from recording your usage patterns and collecting your data, follow the steps below.
- Go to Settings, then Privacy Protection
- Under Privacy, find Ad services and then Personalized advertising recommendations
- Disable Personalized Advertising Recommendations and Personalized Services
How to turn off ads in Mi Security and the web browser
Disabling ads in Mi Browser and Mi Security apps is relatively straightforward from there. Go to your Settings menu and follow the next steps.
- Open Mi browser, go to the Profile tab at the bottom right
- In the Profile tab, access the settings by pressing the “bolt” at the top right
- In the advanced settings, uncheck the option “Show ads”
Disable ads in the MIUI Security app
- Open the Security app and go to Settings
- In Settings, turn off the Receive recommendations option
How to turn off ads in Music and Mi Video
To disable ads in your Xiaomi Music and Mi Video apps, the process is largely the same as above, with only a few adjustments needed for Mi Video.
- Open the Mi Music app and go to Settings at the top right
- Then enter the Advanced settings and deactivate the option Receive recommendations and Show ads
How to turn off ads in Mi File Manager, Folders, and Downloads
To disable ads in file manager and folder menus, including downloads, on Xiaomi MIUI 10, follow the same procedure as for Mi browser and Mi Security apps.
- Go to Settings, then System Apps Settings
- Find the file manager or the Folders and Downloads apps
- Turn off Recommendations (Mi File Manager) and Show Recommended Content (Mi Downloads).
- For folders, you need to click on the individual folder for which you want to turn off ads and turn off Promoted Apps.
How to turn off ads in MIUI themes
The easiest way to get rid of the ads in the MIUI Themes app is to go right into the app itself and deactivate it. To do that, follow the steps below.
- Open the MIUI Themes app and go to Profil “My page”
- Find Settings, then turn off Recommendations
After doing all these steps to Remove MIUI ADS, you’re pretty much done. Honestly, Xiaomi MIUI ads are a chore that ruins the user experience. But once that is done, you will be free from advertising on MIUI and you can enjoy your Xiaomi smartphone without being bombarded with ads.
Read Also: How to use WhatsApp with two numbers?